We are taking you to a simple adventure in the Kalafat, hilly-mountainous region, rich in natural, cultural and historic attractions
Departure: during all over the year Group: 16 people max Duration: 1 day Travel mode: van / car
Technical requirements: ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▫ ▫ ▫ Physical Fitness: ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▫ ▫ ▫
Departure from the car park at the Town hall, Vojvode Bojovica Square, at 08:00 am. Accompanied by an experienced local guide, we head north towards city’s outskirts. We commence our adventure in the Kalafat region going through a village called Kamenica and over a hill called Cegar. This geographic area, although not so large, is full of cultural-historic monuments and protected natural attractions of great significance – our aim for the day is to explore some of them. Our panoramic stopovers will take us to:
- The top of Cegar hill where an impresive monument stands, dedicated to all Serbs who gave their life in the battle for a liberation of Serbia from the Turkish rule. Old villages in the northern region of Nis.
- Village Cerje situated next to one of the longest caves in the Balkans , Cerjanska cave also called Provalija (Abyss) with the total current length of 6,025 meters, and the denivelation of 176 m. The entrance to the cave, at 515 m altitude, is a swallow hole of a small stream named Provalija, the resurgence of which is Kravljansko spring, 2800 m northwest, at 310 m altitude.
- Village Miljakovac, where we will see the ruins of a medieval fortress Zeleznik which is dated to second half of XIV century. There are also theories that this fortress actually sits on top of an older one built in the VI century under the Bysantium ruler Justinian.
- we will see a church dedicated to Saint Paraskevi, an old wellspring from late XIX century and old windmills.
- After this scenic walk, we are off to our last destination for the day – a village with anunusual name Kopajkosara, where one of the best known Serbian speleological sites is situated – cave Samar. The cave is also known as Milutinova, after a famous serbian speleolog Milutin Veljkovic who once lived in the cave for 464 days between 1969 and 1970 – thereby setting a new world record and adding his name in the Guiness World Records. The cave is also known for a paleontologic discovery – the sceleton bones of a prehistoric With other surounding caves, Samar makes a unique cave system which is under the government protection. In this part of our adventure we will inspect the entrance section of Samar cave and Jezava cave. We finish our adventure by returning to Nis via Gramada, confident that the amazing variety and unspoiled beauty of the compact Kalafat area will be captivated in your memory for a very long time.
Travel arrangement price: 45 eur per person
Price includes: Transportation, caving equipment, guiding service, travel organization expenses
Price does not include: Food, individual expenses
NOTE: This program is based on at least 6 applied people. If there occurs a change on the monetary market, commodity market and services, if there is not a sufficient number of travelers, the organizer retains the right to correct the price, change or cancel the program at least 3 days before the beginning of the program.
The organizer of the trip is Nature travel office agency, license OTP 32/2015 issued by the Agency for Business Registers since 01.06.2015. This program applies the general travel conditions of Nature travel office agency, being inevitable part of the travel registration.